Abilmente: my second time

{Read in Italian...}

Abilmente is one of the most famous Italian events for people who love handmade crafts: there is plenty of workshops and, of course, shopping areas! I'm lucky because I live in Vicenza, the city that hosts this event, and this is my second time there.
Visiting Abilmente is both physically and mentally challenging: you need to be aware of the fact that there are thousands of visitors, so the place is overcrowded and it's hard to get to what you want to see...
Anyway, my shopping has been... let's say quite generous! I've been saving money all summer long for this, and now I have my stocks replenished in order to open my first shop on Etsy.

The first time I went to Abilmente I was a total newbie who could roughly hold a round-nose plier. I was literally flashed by all of those beautiful things, ending up with a lot of beads and pearls and almost zero basic material to assemble them!
This time my shopping needed to be more "realistic" and, in a way, to be complementary to my previous one: I focused on chains...
Abilmente: my second time
 Thread, rivets, eyelets, clasps...
Abilmente: my second time
Earring posts and settings...
Abilmente: my second time
 Polymer clay tools...
Abilmente: my second time
 I also bought something for packaging...
Abilmente: my second time
Notice the ink pads: same colors of my blog!
 Then, of course, I had to indulge myself with some fanciful things, like vials..
Abilmente: my second time
Charms...
Abilmente: my second time
These stunning warm taupe-hued pearls, that I bought at a ridiculously low price...
Abilmente: my second time
Some magnets and this polka-dotted felt...
Abilmente: my second time
With this felt I've already done something, very easy, yet very useful. Let's say that it's a present.
What am I talking about? You'll find out soon...

That's all! Well... almost... :P
What about you: did you ever neglect basic stuff because you were distracted by fanciful things?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...