Easy Stuffed Gratin Zucchini

{Read in Italian...}

I just loved my holidays, but sometimes they can have... side effects.
So, after all of the revels, I'm now trying to eat light(ish).

Some days ago my parents in law gifted me with some amazing round zucchini, straight from their garden: they were so fresh and savory! I decided to try to stuff them and, even if this was my first attempt, I enjoyed the result.

I'd like to share my recipe with you: hope you like it!
easy stuffed gratin zucchini
INGREDIENTS:
  • 3 zucchini
  • about one fistful of boiled rice
  • 1 egg
  • canned tuna (optional)
  • some grated Parmesan cheese
  • bread crumbs
  • salt
  • pepper
PREPARATION:
  • Wash the zucchini, then stew them in a pot of salted boiling water for about 10 minutes, until they're soft when stabbed with a fork. Drain and let them cool a little (so that you don't burn yourself during the next step, as I did!).
  • Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
  • Cut off the top of the zucchini, take out their pulp with a carver and put it into a bowl. Add the tuna. Mix and squash them together with a fork, until you get an almost uniform compound.
  • Add the rice, some Parmesan cheese, the egg, salt and pepper to the compound. Mix them all and fill your carved zucchini.
  • Put the stuffed zucchini in a baking casserole, then sprinkle on top some Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and pepper. Bake for about 20 minutes, until the top is golden and crispy. You may want to switch to your "grill" function for the last minutes.
easy stuffed gratin zucchini
PS. If you can't use all of the filling to stuff the zucchini, you can bake the leftover in a small baking dish and eat it alone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...