DIY: faux leather bracelets from an old belt

diy faux leather bracelets from an old belt
{Read in Italian...}

Unfortunately, today I'm not ready to show you my latest web project: my lovely customer is still on holidays (lucky her!), I have to wait for her return in order to get some contents.
I'll try to make it up to you by sharing a little tutorial.
Have you ever owned one of those cheap faux leather belts that start to tear apart after a couple of days?
I never like to trash them, that's why I tried to give them a new life. I really love leather bracelets, so that was my obvious choice.
YOU'LL NEED:
diy faux leather bracelets from an old belt
  • an old faux leather belt
  • scissors
  • automatic button
  • needle
  • thread (pref. same hue as the leather)
  • glue
PROCEDURE:
diy faux leather bracelets from an old belt
Cut the belt as desired so that it fits your wrist.
Sew the automatic button at the edges. If this is your first time sewing an automatic button, look carefully at pic n.3 to figure out how to position the two parts on the bracelet.
If the edges tend to fray, fix them with some glue.

That's it! Easy, right? If you sew a lot (unlinke me), it's really matter of a couple of minutes.
You could use a real leather belt as well, but of course it would be harder to sew.
diy faux leather bracelets from an old belt

I hope you enjoyed this super basic tutorial.
Have a nice week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...